“London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. Always it believes that something good is about to come off, and it must hurry to meet it.” – Dorothy Parker
Hi everyone and welcome to my blog, A Darling in NYC! My name is Jules, and I am so excited to be taking this skydive outside of my comfort zone with you all. As the title might suggest, I am currently in the process of moving across the country, from my humble home to Southern California to a big unknown in New York City.
Before this journey can truly begin, I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts about myself. You know, like during the first day of school when teachers ask for an interesting fact and you spend 20 minutes panicking and trying to think of something memorable. Here it goes:
- I am notoriously awful at staying up-to-date with new TV shows or movies. My friends are always reminding me that it takes me literal years to finish a show. Oops.
- I’ve lived in quite a few different places throughout the years! I’ve lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Houston, Texas, and Los Angeles, California.
- My favorite Disney character is Mary Poppins.
- I’ve written and published six books so far (more on that later!)
- Every holiday season, I work as an Elf for malls and holiday events, and it’s something I look forward to every single year!
- I’m currently reading through the Harry Potter series for the first time! I’m on Half Blood Prince currently, and I’m not ready for it to end.
- I collect funky and funny socks from the different places I travel to!
- My dream Broadway role is the Dentist from Little Shop of Horrors.
- I have five siblings, and am the second to youngest in my family.
- I love writing! I had a blog when I was younger that I would update every single day, and it was such an important way for me to develop my voice and to build community. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to update it as often as I did back then, but I’ve always been a fan of challenges!
I cannot wait to start this journey with you all! Thank you so much for following along, and I hope you stick around for what the Big Apple has in store!